Late breaking news: As a late addition there will now be a Gun Dog Demonstration at 12:30 on Sunday on the cricket pitch by the judges of the dog-show
Just a quick reminder of some of the new activities for this Sunday’s Fete, (in addition to our traditional stalls)
We are very pleased to bring back the Peasemore family fun dog show – get your pooches ready for a number of novelty classes, no pre entry required, just turn up on the day, entries will be taken from 12 noon and the show starts at 1pm.
We are also happy to welcome back the West Berkshire Activities team who have confirmed they will be running Tug of war, Giant Jenga, Soft Archery, Dodgeball, Circus Skills and various team games…. And the good news is that it is open to Adults as well as the kids!
See you there…
The Peasemore committee has organised two events for children coming up over Easter
Childrens Bingo - Monday 10th April
Easter Egg Hunt - Monday 17th April
Click "Read More" for more information
M4 Junctions 12 to 13: Redhill and Dark Lane (Bradfield) – Bridge Refurbishment
Updated: 16/6/2017 with amended closure dates
Long-term monitoring has found that the two bridges which carry the M4 over Ashampstead Road and Dark Lane, near Bradfield in West Berkshire, require extensive repair due to chloride-induced corrosion.
To address these defects and ensure the structures remain in a safe and serviceable condition Kier Highways Ltd, on behalf of Highways England, will be undertaking the following works:
- Replacing the beams along the central reserve and longitudinal and transverse joints
- Replacing the waterproofing material
- Replacing the existing safety barrier (VRS) over the bridge central reserve
The scheme is scheduled to start in mid-February 2017 and is expected to take seven months to complete. Work will primarily be undertaken during day time hours, however some activities will be carried out at night when necessary.
Works include the closure of the M4 east and westbound carriageways between junctions 12 and 13 for entire weekend periods (9pm Friday through to 5am Monday). The weekend closures are currently scheduled for:
- Friday 31 March to Monday 3 April 2017
- Friday 5 May to 7th May - Cancelled
- Friday 12 May to Monday 15 May 2017
- Friday 19 May to Monday 22 May 2017 - Cancelled
- Friday 2nd June to 5th June - added 17/4
- Sunday 18th June (overnight) - added 16/6
- Friday 23rd June – Sunday 25th June (overnights) - added 16/6