A Talk on Photography - Sat 28th February - 7:30pm
Local photography nut Tony Goodger has kindly agreed to run a talk at the village hall on photography and getting the best from your camera.
The talk will cover:-
- The evolution of photography/cameras to date
- Knowing what the effect of settings do to an image
- Short photographic quiz for fun
- A bit about his photographic journey
- Slideshow of some of his favourite photographs
Tony is great fun and will be sure to put on a relaxed, enjoyable and informative talk for all to enjoy whether you’re a smartphone snapper or an SLR lens juggler
A bar will also be available to grab some refreshments.
Entry £3 (all proceeds to village funds)
2014 Events List published
The events list for 2014 has been published, there's lots going on and more to come so get the dates in your diary to avoid missing anything! Click the read more link for the list
News from Peasemore Parish Council
- Minutes for PPC meetings have been updated and can be accessed by clicking here
- The West Berkshire Council Road Resurfacing Programme 2013/14 has been published - Hailey Lane and Sheepleaze Lane are featured. If you're interested in the full list for the area you can view it on the WBC website.
- Details of latest revisions to the 107 bus service can be found on the WBC website by clicking here
- Signage has been added to the village hall as a reminder that parking in front of the hall is reserved for people who have hired the hall. Similar signage has been added to the main entrance at the village green requesting that this is kept clear at all times
- The West Berkshire Council Junior Citizen Award 2013 is now open for nominations. Click here for further details and a nomination form
- The next Peasemore Parish Council meeting is scheduled for 8:00pm on Tuesday 21st January 2014 in the village hall - agenda to be published nearer the time
Hiring the Village Hall or Pavilion
Thames Valley Alerts - Sign Up!
We live in a world of mass communication, being fed information which is usually neither relevant to us nor wanted - with Thames Valley Police Alerts this couldn’t be further from the truth. TVP not only promote a flow of localised information between the police and community, it actively encourages it and wants to build its alerts system into something which is not only an integral part of living in the Thames Valley but a functioning tool to keep communities safe and informed. TVP is constantly trying to enhance and develop the messages it sends to you and although 62,000 members are already subscribed to the service there are more people who could benefit from receiving Thames Valley Police Alerts.
Every member of our community will gain from the knowledge that the Alerts system provides. So as one of the 2.2% of Thames Valley’s population who is already signed up please help spread the word and remember this service is available to everyone. Please help us to increase sign up by encouraging people to visit: www.thamesvalleyalert.co.uk and sign up to receive text, phone or email alerts.
Peasemore InTouch on Facebook
If Facebook is your thing you can now keep in touch with what's happening in Peasemore at the 'Peasemore In Touch' Facebook group. We've got more than 70 members already and it's an easy way to share views, pictures, promote events or have a general chat with others from the village.
The group is closed to allow people to share information and views without security concerns, but if you're local to Peasemore or one of the nearby villages you can request addition to the group - Peasemore In Touch Facebook Group